The massage staff is comprised of state certified therapists with five to twenty years experience in Swedish, deep tissue, Esalen, polarity, reflexology, Shiatsu, Acupressure, sports massage, Reiki, and various other forms of body work. All massage is strictly non-sexual. Call us at 831.429.1142 to make your reservation and we can tell you who is available.
- BETTINA ROETHER
- Massage Therapy has been a life style choice that I made 22 years ago. Studying with a variety of fabulous teachers, they have given me the tools to help people in pain, as well as provide a relaxing, nurturing experience. Tell me what your needs are and I will do my best to provide for you a session you won't soon forget. I have strong hands and a willing heart.
- Being in the field of the healing arts for over 10 years now, I have a passion for bodywork. I love to help people heal. Deely listening I will accommodate for your needs and comfort. My styles include Phenomenal Touch, a three dimentional water like dance on the table, Swedish, Deep Tissue, Trigger Point Release, Sports and Hot Stone Massage.
- LINDA KIMBALL
My client-centered approach listens to you and your body with compassion, wisdom, understanding, intuition and a heartful presnce. Whether it's to assist you in recvery from injury or chronic pain, or to help you release te stress, strain and muscle tension of daily living, it is my pleasure and honor to serve you. My techniques include swedish, deep tissue, acupressure, polarity and healing touch therapy.
- LISA WOFFINGTON
- My healing modalities include Reiki, Swedish, Thai, and Pressure Point treatments. In our session I provide a sacred space for you to heal and relax.
- ONA PERSEPHONE TIGUE
I started doing intuitive massage in 2001. Following through, I attended Harbins school of Shiatsu and Watsu in 2003 and became certified in Swedish Massage. I have gained much through experience in both giving and receivng massage. I love to care for people unconditionally and I have a deep respect for the art of healing through bodywork. I offer light to deep Swedish and intuitive healing.
- NANCY ROSENBERG
Certified since 1981, I do a deep, sensitive massage, varying the pressure according to the client's needs. My goal is to leave the client in a relaxed and balanced state, relieving any pre-existing tension and stress, and creating greater awareness. I work with a variety of healing modalities; Swedish massage, Polarity and Energy Balancing, Shiatsu andStretching, Trigger point, Deep tissue and foot work.
- Pranada offers an intuitive therapeutic massage that incorporates a variety of bodywork styles. She has trained extensively in Thai Yoga Massage in Asia, a style of massage which helps balance energy through yoga-like stretches and working deeply on energy lines of the body.
She is also trained in Hawaiian Lomi Lomi massage a flowing oil massage inspired by the polynesian islands.
In addition, Pranada offers Cranial Sacral work, a gentle style of bodywork that helps calm and heal the nervous system and is excellent for healing pain, emotional issues and physical or emotional trauma. Pranada sensitively and intuitively adapts her bodywork sessions to the unique needs of each individual she treats.
- RACHAEL KATZ
- My massage work is an intuitive, integrative dance with slow flowing focused movements. The healing work I do is deeply soothing, nurturing, and relaxing. The techniques I have been trained in are Swedish, Deep Tissue, Shiatsu, Trigger point release, Reiki, Chakra Balancing, Polarity Therapy, Pre and Post Natal. I have been doing massage therapy at Kiva Retreat House since 1990. I am the winner of "Best Massage Theraist" in the Santa Cruz Good Times Magazine, in 1997.
- SANDY OVERTON
- I was certified as a Massage Therapist in 1990 with a concentration in the Swedish technque. I've also had training in Sports Massage. My years as a San Jose State gymnast ('82-'84) not only made me strong, but also gave me a very personal experience in dealing with pain from muscle aches, subluxations, injuries and knee surgery. I offer many stretches for deep releases, improved range of motion and flexibility. For those who like deep pressure I'll walk on your back, arms & legs (if you like) with extra pressure from my toes. For those who have injuries or sensitivities- gentle with light to medium pressure. As a mother of two, I can be nurturing and
I provide healing of the body, mind, and spirit through Swedish massage (light to deep), Thai massage and stretching, Polarity (energy and rebalancing), and Reflexology. "May our heart's garden of awakening bloom with hundreds of flowers."
- TOMEK WALAS
- I was born in Europe where I was trained in Orthotics/ Prosthetics, Physical Therapy and Massage. I came to the U.S. in 1984 and graduated from massage school in Santa Cruz. I have been practicing massage for 15 years, and here at KIVA for 8 years. My modalities include... Lymphatic Drainage, Cranio-Sacral Treatment, Pre Natal, Post Operative, Deep Tissue, Sport, Swedish, and Relaxation Massage.
- VALERIE "BAMBI" MISHKIN
- My mind and heart are grounded in a strong rhythm of energy that is easily expanded and shared with you. My healing work relieves pain and balances the Being. Communictaion increases your awareness of form and function which produces results! My methods include Nuerological, Lymphatic, Deep Tissue, Sports, Swedish Esalen, Lomi Lomi, Shiatsu, Thai, Treagor, Breast health, Pre & Post natal, I am trained in Paladis and I am a Reiki master.